Pages

Thursday 2 May 2013

Chalkboard Placemats

I have another Pinterest party coming up, and this time decided to do something I've been wanting to do  for a long time. When I did that craft fair, oh three years ago or so, one lady there was selling chalkboard placemats. I had never heard of chalkboard fabric, but thought that sounded pretty awesome. So I went online and ordered some. Now to be fair, I did try to make them. They just didn't turn out. I had a hard time with the chalkboard fabric bunching up when I tried to sew it. A few months ago, I saw a tip on Pinterest that said to put scotch tape over the sewing foot. It worked like a charm!  I'm going to get some chalk to put in the pocket and they will be all set to go.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I've never seen these before!

    ReplyDelete