Pages

Friday 24 September 2010

Starburst Mirror

I haven't had time to make anything lately, because we moved!  But with moving, you always have the adventure of figuring out where everything will go.  I had this wall that you see here, and I knew exactly what I wanted to make.  When I saw how to make one of these starburst mirrors (that are oh so popular right now) for about $5, I couldn't resist trying my hand at it.  It only took a few hours to make. I followed directions and received inspiration from here.  I paid $2.99 for the mirror (it's actually a candle holder but works amazingly well) and then a few bucks for the spray paint. The starburst part is made out of a cereal box, if you can believe it! I am still amazed at how quick it was to make, and I think it just fits so well on that wall!!

1 comment:

  1. I would never have thought--cereal boxes and a candle holder. Looks so much pricier than that! LOVE it! Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete