Pages

Friday 26 October 2012

Bouncy Seat Cover

I found this bouncy seat at a garage sale for $2 a couple months ago.  It wasn't the prettiest to look at, but when I checked to see how much a newer, more neutral colored bouncy seat would cost, I decided I could just use some fabric I already had to make a cover for it.  I finished it in less than two hours, start to finish. I was surprised it went so fast!  I still need to spray paint the legs, but I wanted to share pictures and will add another later when the weather is nicer and I can get it painted.
Here is the fun before picture:
 
See, it had pretty "loud" colors.  I found this cute black with white polka dot fabric I had in my collection and started cutting up. I did reinforce the holes for the straps. That was the only thing that took any time.
I think it will be perfect with the legs painted black, but I'm pretty pleased with it so far!

Update:  Here is the final photo! I ended up painting the legs white.  That's what I wanted to do originally because I thought the black would be too dark. I only worried that it wouldn't cover the blue.  I found some primer+paint in a spray can, so that was perfect and covered the blue just fine.

3 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! I'm dying over that fabric. Way to go! You're ultra-talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Do you see cover like this? I am in the market.

    the r house at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey! I'm glad you like the bouncy seat cover. I'm sorry, but I don't sell them. I'm not sure how I could since all bouncy seats are different. It was really easy to make, though, so if you have any sewing ability, I'm sure you could do it or wrangle a friend into making one for you! Good luck and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

      Delete