Pages

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Past Furniture Projects


   A good friend of mine started buying a lot of antiques and fixing them up. I bought this little baby for just a few pounds and gave it a good painting (after treating it for wormwood).  I love it now!  It is a gateleg table so can potentially be used for extra seating at dinner if need be.  It has storage doors in the side so it is now housing extra DVD's that do not fit in my telephone booth. 

   This one I picked up at "the junk lady."  That isn't her name, but it is what we lovingly refer to her as.  She owns a secondhand shop. This is a desk which was a yucky brown wood color (think 1980's). I sanded it down and  painted it black.  I turned it into a crafting center. It has all the mail slots still in the top, so I put all my ribbon up there and then bottom hold fabric, glue gun, etc.  I added the flower by printing out images from my cricut. I used the transfer vinyl and then stenciled it one there.  It was bit too loud for me at first, so I toned it down with a light layer of black on top.  Now I'm liking the flower a bit more. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love the flower on it! Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete